JH engine related (not in a Scirocco)

on the 8v engine you have a small switched on the throttle boddy, the
symptoms you mention have been seen on one of my scirocco's in the past, and
one of the problems was the enrichement switch, when they go bad they do
make the idle go up and down on first idle. now you also mention idle
wanting to die down, this also points to vaccum lines, injector orings,
adjustement of the CIS air intake plate, incorrect idle screw adjustement
(the one pointing towards the rain tray and also the one that holds the
hammer on idle).. I would start checking all these things...

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco