Part number found (was RE: need part #)

the only way to know if it has a gasket or an o ring
for seal behind that plate is to remove it..

the valve cover grill does not have a "filter" per say
so I usually dip it in paint thinner for a few hours
and rinse it out with high pressure hose nozzle and
let it dry a day or so.. never had any problems

while you have the valve cover off you may want to try
to find a cam splash guard plastic plate, it sits atop
the cam bearings and prevents splashing of oil all
over the place inside the valve cover and keeps it
close to the cam where it shoudl be.. if you need one
I can track one down reall quick.