Part number found (was RE: need part #)

It appears there's a conflict of opinions here on
wheither or not there is a gasket there at all. The
reason I ask is that I had an oil leak (more like an
oil explosion) that, according to Eric S.'s diagnosis
was due to a buildup of crankcase pressure. I was able
to see oil bubbling out of the spot I described
before. I removed the valve cover, cleaned out the
massive amount of black crap from the screen and now
am trying seal up the leak. I haven't fired it up
since I cleaned the valve cover though, so it might
have stopped. If there is no seal there, have I
damaged something?

Dan-wishing he could be a bit more specific....
P.S.- Patrick, the links you posted are the correct
spot that I'm talking about. I haven't removed the
part so I don't know if it has an O ring or a seal or
anything, but the car is an 84 and I highly doubt the
engine was swapped.

--- Drew MacPherson <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>