Bolts dropping like flies on a bug light.

So yeah, I've been having the starting problem for a few months now.  Turn
key nothing happens for like 4 seconds then starts.  And I was remembering that
I have upgraded the grounds a while ago and figured I have to do it again.
Well, I finally got under the hood to check it out.  So I followed the ground
wire from the battery to where it should have been, on the alt. mounting bolt to
the bracket.  Well, bolt was gone and wire was just hangin there.

Man I've got to fix that engine mount, upon further inspection I found the
bolt that holds the A/C compressor to the engine is gone, too that would
probably explain why the belt squeals when I put on the A/C.  Here is the problem
though, it appears that being this bolt is so long it is impossible to put it in
without raising the engine like 5 inches.  Can you all do me a favor and check
how the bolt goes into the compressor and bracket i.e. does it enter the
bracket from the passenger side or the driver side.  A picture of the set up would
be great.  I can't figure out how this one came out if the engine has to be
raised to get clearance.  Oh there is a bolt missing from the distributor
probably helping it leak oil.

One of these days I will get all the parts together to do the timing belt,
and main seal, and that mount too.  I was just thinking the timing belt change
would be a whole lot easier if you didn't have remove the crank pulley just to
pull off the lower cover.  C'mon Hanz what were U thinkin. Later

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6