Newbie: Shifting problems

Hi guys, being new to this list I can't believe the response that I got from
my first posting.  Within six hours I've had no less than eight responses to
my request for help. After having first thoughts about buying my first
scirocco I'm reassured that I'm not alone and there's plenty of help out
there around the globe.  I'm on holiday at the moment (that's 'vacation' to
you U.S. guys :-), so I've got a bit of time to spend on my new investment,
but I'm a bit hindered by the current heat wave that we're having in the UK
at the moment.  I'll let you know how I get on with my gear shift problems
and hey - thanks for all the advice, I'm gonna be busy for the next few
days.

Mike

Portsmouth UK

Scirroco 1600GT 1987