Julie's post got me thinkin'.

Holy crap.  For that price I would expect at least a major engine
conversion, a brand new paint job, and a nice set of rims.

I got my 82 w/ 145000 kms in abbotsford, at the vw dealer, for $550. no
joke.
friend just got an 83, w/ 200000 kms in chilliwack for $750.

Both cars are rust-free and in great condition.  My friend's is mars red and
has a full leather interior, in near perfect shape.  Sunroof, seatwarmers,
yada yada yada.

Don't be on the recieving end of this massive ripoff. Someone is trying to
take advantage of the latest vw/rocco craze in the chilliwack/abbotsford
part of the valley.  Someone's just trying to make money flipping a car -
I'm sure they bought it for less than 2K.   I've had 5 rocco's and only 1
did I spend more than $1500 on, and it was the worst one.

Look at the mileage!  It needs a new motor!!!  walk away!  There are
scirocco's everywhere, if you can't find a decent one out there come out to
vancouver they're a dime a dozen.  Nobody can sell them and the prices are
really low. I know of a dozen good rocco's for under a grand... theres' no
reason to spend your fortune.  Think of what you could do to a rocco with
5000 extra to put into it.

Vince  (btw I spent a few years in the wack)