Julie's post got me thinkin'.

I'm no expert and I'm not really sure what special stuff came with the GTI but with 350,000km (that's like 200,000+ mi right?), if it was in awesome condition inside and out (paint good, dent/rust free, seats/carpet/headliner/dash all in very good shape, etc), everything worked flawlessly and assuming it is stock, I'd say $3-3.5kUSD would be okay, considering it's a dealership. Your money could go a heck of a lot farther through a private sale though.

Dan

Legion <legion1@telus.net> wrote:
I'm in Chilliwack, BC, Canada as I said.
The VW Autohaus has a red '85 Sirocco GTI for sale, 350,000 klicks on her.
They're asking $6995.00 (Canadian! ; ).
What, in all your humble opinions is a reasonable price for this car?
It does have power door windows, a sunroof, seat warmers (did I mention it's
Canada? ;), and she's really neat and clean inside.
Feedback greatly appreciated, 'cause I'm sorely tempted.
Pals,
Legion