Another smashed Scirocco :( - pics and plea for help

 --- ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> sorry for your buddies lost and sorry I have no parts for sale, I do hope
> your buddy is in good health.

Fortunately, everyone was fine.

> personal un-requested opinion : you realize by not declaring (sean being at
> fault here) this DIY he is as criminally guilty for not stopping this
> "Friend" from being removed from road and highways, and chances are next
> time the drunk may just hit a child or ram a car hard enough to kill
> someone. I am sorry but I think your friend sean definatly does not value
> life over value of car. If you were a real friend to Sean, you would incite
> him to press charges next time, because he just let off the hook one of the
> highest problem on the road theses days... drunks driving.

I couldn't agree more, but as in many situations there are alot of extenuating
circumstances that complicate the matter...  It's not my story to tell however, so I'll
leave it at the fact that for this particular case, if the police were involved the
accident would be the least of this particular person's problems (note I only referred to
the "drunk guy" as someone we knew, not necessarily a friend...)

> PS: I hope you BLEED his wallet until there is no more money into his bank
> account for this "joy ride" I would get an estimate at the most expensive
> place and hand it over to him... pay up buddy! no one needs drunk driving
> friends...

Done, and done...  :-)  Believe me, a lesson was learned here - perhaps more than if the
courts handled it.  You don't always have to ruin someones life to teach them a lesson.

As a personal note, all of our friends know that if they ever need a ride at the end of a
night of partying, they can always call me or Sean (since we're both not really drinkers,
chances are the only thing we might be is tired...)   I learned a valuable lesson when I
was a teenager - my friend killed his own twin brother in a drunk driving accident, and
I've NEVER driven with more than one beer in me in the 15 years since.  I've always stood
up to anyone holding a set of keys they shouldn't be holding and insisted they call a cab
or let me take them home...  A group of 4 teenagers were killed while walking on a
sidewalk in our city last summer by a drunk driver, so you'd think that would get the
message across.  Apparently not...  Idiots...

Mark.