slow car-how to test cis-e/ignition?

yeah, rick's right. sort of forgot that the pumps aren't what regulate fuel
delivery.  i quick tested the injectors, they looked ok.  measured fuel pump
outputs today, both were fine. replaced the transfer pump anyway b/c it was
making noise. didn't help.  i think my fuel delivery is ok, though i haven't
measured injector output or actually hooked up a pressure gauge. i might
later.  tomorrow i think i'll replace my knock/fuel ecu's and icu. i have
spares, and it's easier than testing them.  i don't think that's it though.
the fact that my car, other than being slow (real slow), runs GREAT, is
frustrating and tough to troubleshoot. i feel like i'm running out of steam
on the high end.  for all the world this feels like a timing issue (you know
how if you're off a tooth, you're slow but the car still runs ok?) but i've
checked a few times now.  and the problem is constant, so it's not like it
sometimes runs full speed. i guess i can just replace my coil and dizzy too.
that will pretty much be the whole ignition system (except knock sensor
itself. hmm. i wonder how to test that...). any other guesses here guys? i
would LOVE for everything on this car to work right for just a week or so.
is that too much to ask?

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA-->Soon to be New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...