From: "Eric S" <scirocco81@vwmail.net>
To: "Patrick Bureau" <txrocco@sbcglobal.net>; "Rhett Farnum"
<rocco_crossing@hotmail.com>; <amalventano@sc.rr.com>;
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: vibration/shudder at 70 - possible alternatives (other than
wheel balance?)

> Let me chime in with a "me too" on this.  The mk2 has done this since I
got it, and it bugs the crap outta me.

> And, patrick, I *just* put new a-arms with poly bushings in....no
difference.

> Its done it with 13s with 175/70s and now with 15s with 205/50s, it
already has new shocks, I was going to change the rear wheel bearings next
and get a *true* 4-wheel alignment (shim the rear backing plates).  I have
new half-shafts that I thought about trying...but now from hearing from you
guys that it made no difference, for some reason, I think its coming from
the rear....don't ask me why, just a gut feeling.  I will let you all know
how it goes with the 4 wheel alignment.