stripping my 87 8v...some questions

i have been working for the last few days stripping my 87.  i was wondering
if anyone has any suggestions about stripping it, i.e. if i dont disassemble
something, it will make it easier for me upon reinstalling into the 86,
things to do and not to do, special orders on removing things, etc.  i
prolly should have posted before i started tearing into it, but i just
though about all of this now.  also, i am prepping my 86 for a paint job.
im getting the engine compartment painted so ive been scrubbing away.  if
anyone has any tips on that (hehhm...patrick) id appreciate the input.  i
have most of it cleaned, but i could still use some advise.  thank you all
in advance.  im sure you'll all be a big help.

-melissa-
Harrisburg, Pa
86 8v Scirocco ("new" body for my 87)
87 8v Scirocco (recently wrecked; guts soon to be donated to the 86)
87 Wolfsburg Jetta, 4dr