stripping my 87 8v...some questions

cleaning engine bay... want a tech note? ahahah

seriously...

I use a wide tire brush, a toothbrush (them a-arms sure have tight corner to
clean) and a pot/pan handle square type brush from supermarket.

teamed with non-diluted purple power (greese lightning or any similar
product they sell at autozone)
spray on, leave 5 mins, wash off, then use spray bottle and brush and do
sections, dont let dry, rinse off (I use a hose, car in drive way.)

now I repainted so I ran sandpaper and paint prepper thinner.. but I think
you are not going that far.

as for engine bay removals.. well all depends on the engine ya going to be
putting back in. LMK.
but basically I removed all hose, rad, all wires etc from engine bay.