[ot] outer temp sensor location (mfa help)

--=====================_96435577==.ALT

Actually the temp sensor is mounted inside the front bumper on=20
Scirocco's.... Drivers side corner.

-RGK-

At 02:19 AM 4/19/2003 -0700, Robbie Cotner wrote:
>I got an MFA system out of an '86 Golf.  The ambient temp sensor was=20
>mounted inside the drivers front fender.  Other than the stalk and the=20
>cluster, I highly suggest getting as much of the harness as=20
>possible.  Definately get the connector for the MFA stalk!  You'll also=20
>need some vacuum hose(~3 feet) which you can either buy new, or if you're=
=20
>cheap get some from the yard.  HTH,
>
>-Rob
>
>"Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@excite.com> wrote:
>
>i'm parting out an '89 gli with mfa and am trying to locate all the parts=
=20
>necessary. might be a little difficult to do, though, since the engine was=
=20
>gone before i took possession of it. anyway, i'm primarily looking for the=
=20
>outside temperature sensor? anyone know the location of it on an a2? also,=
=20
>other that the sensor, cluster, and stalk, what other parts might i be=20
>looking for? the etka is woefully inadequate for this.
>also, anyone in the market for a power steering rack for an a2? i'm not=20
>going to mess with it if i get no answers. could probably sell it later,=20
>but i've got enough stuff as it is and the jetta will be gone by this=
 weekend.
>thanx for any help.
>

>--
>/\_/\ Foxx (in a box)
>< o o > http://foxx.tripod.com
>\ /
>=B0

>Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

--=====================_96435577==.ALT

Actually the temp sensor is mounted inside the front bumper on
Scirocco's.... Drivers side corner. <br><br>
-RGK- <br><br>
At 02:19 AM 4/19/2003 -0700, Robbie Cotner wrote:<br>
Golf.&nbsp; The ambient temp sensor was mounted inside the drivers front
fender.&nbsp; Other than the stalk and the cluster, I highly suggest
getting as much of the harness as possible.&nbsp; Definately get the
connector for the MFA stalk!&nbsp; You'll also need some vacuum hose(~3
feet) which you can either buy new, or if you're cheap get some from the
yard.&nbsp; HTH,<br>
&nbsp;<br>
-Rob<br><br>
wrote:<br>

<dl><br>

<dd>i'm parting out an '89 gli with mfa and am trying to locate all the=
 parts necessary. might be a little difficult to do, though, since the=
 engine was gone before i took possession of it. anyway, i'm primarily=
 looking for the outside temperature sensor? anyone know the location of it=
 on an a2? also, other that the sensor, cluster, and stalk, what other parts=
 might i be looking for? the etka is woefully inadequate for this.<br>

<dd>also, anyone in the market for a power steering rack for an a2? i'm not=
 going to mess with it if i get no answers. could probably sell it later,=
 but i've got enough stuff as it is and the jetta will be gone by this=
 weekend.<br>

<dd>--<br>

<dd>/\_/\ Foxx (in a box)<br>

<dd>&lt; o o &gt; <a href=3D"http://foxx.tripod.com/"=