[TECH] Head Install Questions

Hey Gang,

Moved back to New Jersey and finally have my car and tools in the same
place...What a nightmare few months I've had. Anyway gonna try to get
the 81s done this summer...No laughing, I mean it THIS Summer.

First Question:

I had the head shaved a loooong time again and it was redone. Now I am
checking valve clearance. I have modeling clay on all pistons, no head
gasket and the bolts are torqued to 20nm...

Shouldn't I be able to crank the engine over by hand as long as
everything is lined up top dead center?

It can't it won't budge and I don't want to force it...Any ideas?

16v 2.0 Bottom 1.8 Head (Autotech Cams)

Jason F. Snow
Information Technology Consultant
Home:  (973)492-8456