[tech] buying new battery.. recomendations?

Joe Doty wrote:

> This is my belief as well.  Optimas are also (from what I hear) heavier than conventional batteries.
>
> I've been using my $30 Exide from Kragen for about three years on my red car, in the hatch with a 20' positive cable run.  The key to good starting, I believe, is having clean connections.  I used dielectric grease on every ground or power cable I could find.
>
> Joe Doty

I'm with Joe on this one. If you provide for the free flow of
electrons, and keep an eye on the fluid level you can keep a battery
running right along, a loong time.

Ascetics are one thing, I like the Sears battery for it's color scheme
(interior decorating skills intact baby) but the _main_ thing is buy
the good but cheap battery (2 1/2 years?! Sheesh! What's up Florida,
the humidity?) and save some dough. Fiscal responsibility makes for
happy husband.

TBerk
I remember being married, once upon a time.