From: Captnbr@aol.com [mailto:Captnbr@aol.com]=20
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 7:31 AM
To: txrocco@sbcglobal.net; Scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: [tech] buying new battery.. recomendations?

In a message dated 4/17/2003 6:45:09 AM Eastern Standard Time, =
txrocco@sbcglobal.net writes:

<<Mean I can get a VW battery for 59.99$ Optima is 100+$. Also =
Appreciate
any other "brand" you guys may suggest...>>

Well here is my opinion, if you've been on the list long you'll probably =
remember it from before,=A0 12v is 12v and 800 amps is 800 amps whether =
it comes from a $120 optima or the $29.00 Walmart battery.=A0 The =
Walmart battery has a 2 year full replacement warranty on it too.=A0 In =
South Florida, no battery whether you pay $120 or $29 lasts more that 2 =
1/2 years.=A0 Don't waste your money on one of those optimas or any =
other expensive battery.=A0 Put the money elsewhere.=A0 I've been using =
the walmart one for years now and will never pay for a premium =
battery.=A0 Bye now