Assemble MegaSquirt

So, if you'll allow me to re-phrase your statement,
you're simply more confident of the capabilities of
the Megasquirt because it is a true "standalone"
controller, instead of being a "piggyback"
modifier/controller like the HKS?

If I'm on the right track, that makes a lot of sense.
I've never been all that thrilled about piggyback
controllers myself, just on principle (but admittedly,
I have very little personal experience with them). In
my case, I feel better to have my Digifant chip
properly re-mapped, rather than "tricking" it into
running right with a piggyback. If I didn't already
have an investment into the Digifant, I might consider
the Megasquirt myself...

Neal