Assemble MegaSquirt

--------------A81BC023C46B17F7490C5785

*** This might be of interest to the group. See below.

Neal Tovsen wrote:

> --- worldcyclist <worldcyclist@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > This has caught my attention.  I like the whole idea
> > of a useful and
> > economical fuel controller. My HKS AIC4 is great but
> > i really need a
> > dyno to properly tune it, so will likely sell it
> > soon.
>
> I'm kinda coming into this conversation late, so my
> apologies in advance if I missed something.
>
> Why do you think the Megasquirt would not need dyno
> tuning, but the HKS unit does?
> *** I did not mean to imply that, and i certainly don't think that..
> the MS does run off the O2 sensor, and other engine sensors, and the
> HKS does not, so once basic settings are entered the dynamics
> adjustments wil follow automatically. The HKS is static in this
> aspect, except the MAP sensor.

> But I don't see how the Megasquirt will negate the
> need to properly dyno-tune the car. AFAIK, any
> aftermarket fuel controller can be made to work
> more-or-less well without a dyno, but all of them
> should be tuned using a wide-band O2 sensor (and maybe
> related stuff like EGT and such) on a dyno or similar
> arrangement.

*** I would agree.  I have a EGT and fuel mixture gauge which helps a
lot, but once again the two systems are not linked together except thru
my perceptions and adjustments.  I find this a poor compromise for a
engine that i have spent many thousands of dollars to machine, build and
design.

> The only exception would be if you are all running the
> *exact* same setup...same engine, compression, cams,
> intake, exhaust, etc. Then one of you could dyno tune
> it, and share the settings with everyone else. (maybe
> that's what I missed?)

*** Thanks for the saving grace. gary

> Neal

> http://search.yahoo.com

--------------A81BC023C46B17F7490C5785

begin:vcard
n:;Gary Forman
tel;work:541.334.8485
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:World Cyclist
adr:;;;Eugene;OR;;
version:2.1
email;internet:worldcyclist@earthlink.net
fn:Please include previous messages for easy reference. Thanks.
end:vcard

--------------A81BC023C46B17F7490C5785--