just picked up a 1.6l cam..

Just study the head, and you should get a good idea as to which lobe acts on
which port I-E.

Also measure each lobes with a dial caliper, so you know hoh much lift it
has, and if anyone of them is going round.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

De la part dejesse Neufeld
> Envoyé :	16 avril, 2003 01:44
> À :	scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Objet :	just picked up a 1.6l cam..
>

> well i went to the wreckers yesterday and found an old rabbit with the top
end untouched so i reefed the cam out of it and bought it with the cam gear
for 13 bucks! i thought that was pretty good..anyways i am doing a head
gasket in my scirocco so i have the original cam out to compare and i was
suprised by how much of a visual difference the lobes are in size! .. it
looks like its only a difference on one set of lobes tho (either all the
exhaust or all the intake)

> iam eager to put my car back together and feel how much of a difference
there would be.. well, and iam going to port and polish the head while its
out anyways so that will add some new life to my car aswell!

> oh iam so stoked to put it back together.. if only i didnt have to wait to
install a new tranny as well.. argh

<http://g.msn.com/8HMCENCA/2740>2 months FREE*