[16v Tech] Are all o2 sensors the same (and A/F gauge troubles)?

--- joshhignight@techography.net wrote:
> Like topic. Recently my O2 sensor died (...

> My mileage and jumping idle started after putting in a different transmission.

> Also, around that time, My Autometer Air/Fuel ratio gauge mysteriously stopped working.

Based on the above excerpts, I reckon you might have failed to reconnect a ground wire, or broken
one that might have been shaky.  There's one that goes to the tranny mount bracket - did you
replace that?  That was a good time to renew all ground lines; a good idea in any case.

=====
Cheapass Ron
Former owner of '87 Scirocco 16Victor
Future owner of '81 Scirocco S 16Victor Jr.