[GRM post part II]

Brian McGarvey <brianm@earendel.org> wrote:
Well for those of you still interested in this saga..

I sure am...

We last left off with our heros standing there looking dumb at a high =

performance 2.0L 16v decked head, 260/272 cams, lightened flywheel, =

kennedy clutch, koni yellows, street race exhaust, 14" revolutions w/ dra=
g =

radials, momo wheel, race springs,port injected nitrous  etc... and 30psi=
 =

of compression thats just a little over 2:1 for a Naturally Aspirated =

motor. With the head removed. =

Yep, race day's a bitch, you gotta hate it when the car won't co-operate.=
 Good
bunch of goodies on that tight budget, I'm impressed!  =

The morning rolls around and we head out to Gainesville raceway. we empty=
 =

the car of our remaining stuff. goober around checkin out the cars. head =

off to tech... largely consists of .. here sign this. you got a =

helment? seatbelt.. ok here's the entrances and exit. Get prepped and =

lined up. First drag. yellow light go... 16.7, excellent. go around again=
=2E =

no waiting, voorm... 16.9, go around again, getting a little bit of this.=
 =

line up, burn out, stage, 1 light, 2nd light, rev motor to 4k... wait.. =

Red ... Yellow .. Yellow.. get it. yellow green..... all the way down the=
 =

track 16.4 hmm reaction time .7 my others were .15 i think i can get it =

down. Once again around no waiting. vrrrrroooom .. redlight. damn.
=46rom this point i was consistant. I think the rocco could have ran a 15=
=2E9, =

but I couldnt make it do it. Rick got some photo's of this, but Allyn has=
 =

already posted them and i deleted the link, but here is one of me lining =

up with the other Potter sponsored =

team.http://www.internetperceptions.com/rftc/grm2003/images/S4Drag4.JPG
he got a 15.7 and I got a 16.4 here i think. he had a 2.0L and we only ha=
d =

a 1.8L but its all fun.

Good stuff guys, I'm jealous you're hitting the track already.

There were TWO 11 second cars there. a 280z v8 and a 4 clyn turbo Dodge =

omni GTX...that was faast... we finished in the 40's but a very similar =

car to the racecar did 14's 2.0L 16v multiport n2o rabbit. that is where =

we should have been. not too shabby. =

So can you run the race car later? I'd think you should be there too with=
 it. =

(you should see those 9 second Hondas up here, quick...)

Good work guys, sorry the race car pooped out on ya, that sucks. But soun=
ds
like you had a blast, and placed well, and that's the whole point eh? (an=
some male bonding time?) I can just see Brian grinning, not to mention th=
maniacal laughter...
Cathy