GRM post part III

> BTW, The Buccaneer division ran our event and
> neglected to hold a tech on
> the morning of the event. NHRA had teched the cars
> on Friday morning. Is
> this a normal practice in the south? My club (CART
> http://www.cartct.com)
> always holds a tech on the morning of the event even
> if it is a two day
> affair.

Sounds normal to me. Every SCCA event I've been to
only teched the cars before the event began. Even
Nationals. The only time we require tech on the 2nd
day is if we consider the event to be a "separate"
event...two, one-day events with separate
registration/entry, instead of a single, two-day
event. I guess they assume that you wouldn't do
anything to jeopardize the safety of the car after the
event has begun?

Neal