steering problems

--0-1692873824-1049892166=:2121

I am having a problem with my steering being jerky and not very stable in my 88 16V.   Whenever you hit a bump or something in the road, the car wants to swerve over.  Its not like I lose total control, but its very annoying.  Steering feels very loose.  I have had both tie rods replaced and an alignment done.  Took it back up to the shop and had it looked over again and they could not find anything wrong.  Any ideas?

Ben

www.stlvw.org