rear stub axels

> Stub axles off A2's or even Quantums are the same as the Roc stub axles.
> But, as pointed out the drum axles and disc axles are different, so if you
> what a stub for a disc setup get one from a car that has discs. If you want
> a stub for a drum setup get one from a car that has drums.
> Dan

So, If I go and pull the rear stub axles off an A2 GTI, I can bolt
them up to an A1 axle (81 Mk1)?

I understand the A2 calipers won't directly tie into the existing Mk1
brake lines but will the stub axle's for bolt hole line up with the
early car?

I forget more than I need to learn fresh sometimes.

TBerk