Help! My scirocco is a humidifier!

>Do you have A/C? If so, your drain hose at the inside of the heater box
>could be plugged and have been storing water inside ever since. I've heard
>stories about people taking a corner hard and having a gallon of water
>spill out on to their feet.. all of it from the A/C.

I do have A/C.

I can't seem to find any reference of a drain hose in Bobby B's big red
book.  Is this something I have to disassemble the center console for?

>Are you missing your plastic rain tray completely? That might cause rain
>mist to be sucked in as well..

I did check under the rain tray (yes, it's fully intact) for a potential
culprit, and noticed some weird things.  First, the diagonal opening on the
top of the passenger side of the box looks like it was taped up with duct
tape years and years ago, but the tape has partially rotted, and doesn't
stick anymore.  Also, one of the vaccuum lines is only 5 or 6 inches long,
then is plugged with a screw.  I should probably note that the A/C
compressor hasn't had a belt on it since before I bought the car, but
everything else seems to be OK.

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA

`84 8v Rocco --  "Bruise"