16v model year differences; now top speed/gear ratios

FWIW; FYI:

When I was doing a tranny swap recently and had the car on jack stands, and
no axels hooked up to the tranny I wound it out (7200rpm) in fifth gear...
just for fun...

1.8l 16v stock, 4k tranny stock (.91 5th, 3.94 FD)

top speed on speedo was 230kph or ~143 mph (note: speedos are notoriously
inaccurate)

never tried with the 16v tranny but it would be higher cause the fd is 3.67.

also on the road the best I could do was 204kph (126.7mph) via GPS mounted
in car, w/stock 16v setup stock tire size etc...

Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever! ;)
84 rocco 16v
93 320i