5th gear swaps

With the FK tranny in my rocc now, I really miss the cruisability of the .71
5th in my 7A  (and the slightly lower noise factor)  I would like to pop the
7A's 5th into the FK.  I remember a post a while ago about someone blowing
synchros from downshifting to a 1.13 4th from a .71 5th.  I assume this
could be avoided by getting more into the habit of revving during the
downshift.  The rev difference at 60 MPH would be ~1500 rpm, according to
the .org gear calc.  Any opinions on this?

Also, I'm running 195 50 R15's

TIA

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA