Fuel rails?

The drivers can be setup a number of ways.
But, before I start let me explain one thing. The 'Squirt doesn't know which
cylinder is firing. It only knows when there is an ignition event. So, the
injectors cannot be phased to a specific cylinder cycle.
The typical setup for this is to fire all the injectors once each engine
revolution. So, even though the injection isn't timed to an open intake
valve at least there is not one long squirt that happens right after the
intake valve closes letting all the gas pool in the port, just as an
example. All this is relevent only at idle anyway, since the injection time
for any significant load or RPM takes most of the suck, squeeze, bang, blow
engine cycle anyway.
Anyway, with 2 drivers they can be set up to fire simultaneous or
alternating and the firing frequency can be set to a minumum of once per
engine cycle up to multiple times per engine cycle.
For convenience, I've wired my nephew's car with 2 injectors on each driver,
but the main reason for doing this was to make sure I didn't have too much
current for the size wires I was using.  It would be just as easy for a 4
cylinder to use just one driver for all the injectors. As an aside there is
some software to tune the 'Squirt called "Dual table code". This drives one
injector driver from one table and the other from a second driver. So, you
could have staged injectors or could inject gas from one set of injectors
and water thru a second set like Wing is doing.
Whether you use both drivers or just one I would set them up to fire once
each engine revolution (twice per engine cycle) and alternate or
simultaneous depending on what gave the engine the best idle.
Hope that was clear. If not just ask and I'll try again.
Dan