XP Firewall wuz mess serv.

Software firewalls are just that. Software and vulnerable to attack. Though
Black Ice (Monitors for attacks), McAffee and Microsoft have fire walls, the
best is a hardware firewall.

I use the Linksys firewall router. It has 4 ports for other computers and is
programmable via a browser.
Though I hate Compusa, this is a good product for the dollar:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=297248&pfp=BROWSE

Have fun

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development