Cracked core support - stock 16v!

Much to my dismay I found cracks in my core support today while starting the
work on replacing the broken motor.

Since discussions have constantly pointed to motors with higher than stock
power, I have to toss in that my motor was bone stock.

The culprit seems to have been a poly front mount that's been in the car ~5
years. The cracks have developed just over the last half year since my last
inspection.

First step is to toss the poly bushing ... then I need to find somone to
weld the cracks up asap and add some bracing - before my car turns into
scrap metal.

So much for owning a 16v.

Oh, I suggest you that you don't wait for the bars to get developed but look
into adding something for support now. I tought I could wait - well that
extra waiting for people to sort out the construction of that bar is now
creating an extra headache for me.