try #2: alarm recommendations?

Sorry I've been lagging on this thread.   I'm so busy these days ;)

There's lots of good brands, and there's lots more bad brands.  I sell Ungo,
Alpine, Clifford, and CodeAlarm.

Ungo is a good cheap basic alarm that will do what you need it to. About
$100 will get you in.

Alpine alarms are dope. Nice and overbuilt, sweet sounding chirp, cool
remotes with blue lights, lots of on board relays - like starter kill.
About $150 for one of these

Clifford alarms are quality. That's what I use.  Cool things like the G4
interface let me plug it into the computer to set it up and find things out.
Like if it gets set off I can plug it in and find out what the last 10
activities are or whatever.  I also have a wireless kill point - which is
clifford only and really cool.  The remotes are really nice, but will
probably develop a cold sauder and need to be touched up.  Clifford just got
bought by DEI, who is continuing to sell their products.  However, we aren't
buying them.  $350 for something decent with on board relays

CodeAlarm.  Our newest company - codealarm is pretty ill. They do all the
factory keyless and security for GM/Ford/Chrysler.  The remotes look like
factory ford remotes, pretty bland.  But the alarms even have the lock
relays on board, and starter kill, and dome light.  That's pretty
impressive.  They use a smarter layout, and have a really nice panic
feature.  Most alarms honk the horn like beep, beep, beep, beep...
Codealarm honks like this
b,b,beeep,bebee,bebee,beeeee,eebeb,bebebe,beee,ebbebe.  Sounds like a real
panic and actually gets people's attention when it's being broken into.
$100 gets you one - nice n' cheap.   Oh yeah they also have the best shock
sensor on the market.  It's built in so you don't have to install it, and
it's just as sensitive on your back bumper as it is right on your steering
wheel.  And you adjust it from the remote, real-time.

I recommend the CodeAlarm.  Shall I send you one?  ;)

Vince