storage units?

As others have indicated, your best bet for finding a storage facility that
will allow you to work on your car in the unit is a small mom & pop
business.  The owners of the place I'm renting a storage unit told me I
could work on my car there if I wanted (even gave me extended access
privileges to do so), but their only requirement was that I don't spill any
liquids on the floor.

Of course, there's still the issue of not having electricity, which is why I
don't do any work in the storage unit--it's basically a detached garage for
me (that isn't on my property and that I'm renting).

Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition - Sonja
'95 GTI VR6 - Wolfgang
Saving up for an '04 Golf R32