storage units?

>From: "brett cooke" <vwscir88@hotmail.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: storage units?
>Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 02:23:20 -0500
>
>anyone know anything about them? i'm thinking about renting one out to
>store and work on the rocco at, but it seems that most don't let you work
>on your ride once it's in there or they don't have electricity. anybody
>know of any "good ones"?
>

>So Sayeth The Hitman
>'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco
><http://www.techography.net:82/brettsgarage/>

Maybe other people have had better luck than me with this, but the
commercial storage units are pretty much no good for this.  I had one for a
few months to store my BMW in, and they were VERY strict about not working
on the car there, as were all others I checked, probably due to liability if
a jackstand falls or something.  It was pretty pricey, too, over $100 a
month for BARELY enough room to store my 2-door 318 in.  Also, none of the
ones I checked had electricity.  They were also strict about fluids leaking
onto the floor.

I have been checking the classifieds for a privately owned garage/shop for
rent with electricity, like a detached garage that the owner doesn't use, or
has a spare bay in.  I think you'd have better luck with that.  That's just
what I've found in my area, though.

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA

`84 8v Rocco --  "Bruise"