16v timing belt difficulties

Hey, welcome to the list. Do you have more details of your car? mods?
Pictures? stories? I am an 8V dude for historical reasons, but that is ok ;)

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

De la part deJermBos@aol.com
> Envoye :	2 avril, 2003 18:21
> A :	scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Objet :	16v timing belt difficulties
>
> Hi, I'm new to the list.  I just joined today actually.
> I have a scirocco 16v engine and its out of my vehicle right now.  I
decided to pull the timing belt off to replace it.
> Like my Bentley says, put the #1 piston to TDC then remove belt.  I did
that.  now it states to move the cam sprocket to line up with the upper
timing mark, but now that I look at mine its 180 degrees (the other side)
opposite to the timing mark.  What should I do?