16v timing belt difficulties

--part1_144.e3d04c0.2bbcca6c_boundary

Hi, I'm new to the list.  I just joined today actually.
I have a scirocco 16v engine and its out of my vehicle right now.  I decided
to pull the timing belt off to replace it.
Like my Bentley says, put the #1 piston to TDC then remove belt.  I did that.
 now it states to move the cam sprocket to line up with the upper timing
mark, but now that I look at mine its 180 degrees (the other side) opposite
to the timing mark.  What should I do?
Can I just slide the new belt on the way it sits?
thanks

Jeremy

--part1_144.e3d04c0.2bbcca6c_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi, I'm new to the list.&nbsp; I just joined today act=
ually.&nbsp; <BR>
I have a scirocco 16v engine and its out of my vehicle right now.&nbsp; I de=
cided to pull the timing belt off to replace it.&nbsp; <BR>
Like my Bentley says, put the #1 piston to TDC then remove belt.&nbsp; I did=
 that.&nbsp; now it states to move the cam sprocket to line up with the uppe=
r timing mark, but now that I look at mine its 180 degrees (the other side)=20=
opposite to the timing mark.&nbsp; What should I do?<BR>
Can I just slide the new belt on the way it sits?<BR>
thanks<BR>
<BR>
Jeremy</FONT></HTML>

--part1_144.e3d04c0.2bbcca6c_boundary--