euro lights + protectors + heat = cracked euro lights

I have these from way back when.  They cover my Cibie H4s and H1s.  The H4s
are fine, but one of my H1s has a crack.  It's not an impact crack because
1)it's protected by the cover and 2)there is no stress point where a crack
starts.  The crack actually meanders across the lense.  I don't use the light
much since it is an H1, I think it's from the stress of the retaining ring.
Cibie H1s have a relatively thin lense since 2/3rds of the lense is actually
clear glass(no fluting).

The covers are made of acrylic, I think.  I am thinking of vacuum forming
some out of polycarbonate, but haven't worked out the vacuum fixture yet.
Some day....

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

In a message dated 9/22/02 2:48:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,