(ot) need vw security system help

  we are doing a vr6 conversion in my friends '91 passat. the vr6 harness
that came out of the donor has one of those vw anti theft systems in it.
once we got everything wired up we couldn't get the car to turn over, so
after messing with it awhile we jumpered the power wires running through the
securities "brain". the car now starts and runs and everything works, but we
don't want to keep the security box jumpered. does anyone know how to reset
this system? or anyone have any familiarity to the factory vw secutrity
system? any help would be much appreciated. tia
   hit

So Sayeth The Hitman
'86 "psycho 16v" scirocco
'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco