AAA experience (towing)

AAA sucks...

Never had a good experience with them. I cancelled my service and got
roadside thru my insurance carrier. No more arguments!

Classic AAA story... 8V stopped running and I needed to get it to the
dealer 2'ish miles away. Called AAA and asked them to send a flat bed or
wheel lift truck since a sling would not be able to carry my car. This was
in the 88-89 time frame and slings were still being used, they aren't any
more. The operator sez a truck will be there in 30 minutes and one show up
but it's a sling... I call AAA again and they say sorry and that another
truck will be there in 30 minutes. Next truck shows up and sure enough it's
a sling! He calls in and sez he can't tow me and another truck will be
there in 30 minutes... 45 minutes later I call AAA and yell at them, I'm
cold and bored. They say for sure a truck will be there in 30 minutes. You
won't belive this, a third sling shows up... This guy, a complete asshole,
tells me he got the request for a truck with a wheel lift but he was in the
area and was sure he could do it so he called in and took the request even
though it was a request for a wheel lift or flat bed... He made it sound
like the other guys were idiots and he was the only one who knew how to use
the sling... 5 minutes later after he looked at the Euro bumpers and front
spoiler he tells me that I need a wheel lift. NO SHIT!

I at this point call AAA yell at them again and then get told that a truck
will be there in, you guessed it again, 30 minutes. Aaauuurrrggghhh!!!

End of story, I called 2 of my friends and we, the three of us taking
turns, two people pushing and one steering, pushed the car down Colorado
Blvd at 11PM for the 2.5 miles to the dealer where my girlfriend was
waiting. We were about 1 mile from the dealer when a transient decided to
help us push since we were going in the same direction he was walking. We
gave him $30 which was all we had on us, I would have given him more if we
had more. and a ride to a town he was walking to which was only a few miles
away

Ya think that's it? Oh my no!!! Not by a long shot!!! I get a letter from
AAA the next week telling me that I made too many calls this year (the list
of calls are all dated on the same day roughly 30 minutes apart) and that I
will be charged extra fee if I call for any more service in the next 12 months.

This really happened to me. BTW my ignition coil needed to be replaced.

F'em. I cancelled my membership.

-Raffi