hood scoops, vents and drag

The top of the hood (unless you get WAY up in the air, ala Pro Stock) is a
negative pressure area.  That's why the Subaru-type exhaust vents work.  A
low scoop does very little; doesn't scoop, doesn't vent much, and doesn't
add drag.
Two high pressure areas are a)at the very leading edge of the hood and b)at
the base of the windshield.

Larry

> I've been seeing some rocco's w/hood scoops like adrian's recent pics and
> was starting to seriously consider adding one and have it blow air down
the
> back side of the engine to kinda cool the exhaust area.  But then I got to
> thinking, at almost any speed it adds drag but at higher speeds, wouldent
it
> create so much air flow that it could actually be pushing the front end up
> bit.  I don't ment some drastig ammount, but wouldn't it be enough to not
> want it?
>
> So then I looked around and Suberu uses small vents, I did some research
> into this and they actually allow the air flowing over the hood to pull
the
> heat out of the engine bay and to some extend, pull the front end down
much
> like a small air dam.  Once again, not a drastic ammount, but it could be
> nice.
>
> So what I'm really getting at it, what would truley be the better
solution,
> Vents or a Hood scoop?  The scoops definitly look much better, but I want
> some functionality in the Positive direction.  This is in no way knocking
> what anyone else has done, like I said, the scoop definitly looks great,
> especially that stang scoop that adrian used.
>
> William

Introducing NetZero Long Distance