hood scoops, vents and drag

I've been seeing some rocco's w/hood scoops like adrian's recent pics and I
was starting to seriously consider adding one and have it blow air down the
back side of the engine to kinda cool the exhaust area.  But then I got to
thinking, at almost any speed it adds drag but at higher speeds, wouldent it
create so much air flow that it could actually be pushing the front end up a
bit.  I don't ment some drastig ammount, but wouldn't it be enough to not
want it?

So then I looked around and Suberu uses small vents, I did some research
into this and they actually allow the air flowing over the hood to pull the
heat out of the engine bay and to some extend, pull the front end down much
like a small air dam.  Once again, not a drastic ammount, but it could be
nice.

So what I'm really getting at it, what would truley be the better solution,
Vents or a Hood scoop?  The scoops definitly look much better, but I want
some functionality in the Positive direction.  This is in no way knocking
what anyone else has done, like I said, the scoop definitly looks great,
especially that stang scoop that adrian used.

William