Q for you MkI experts (cosmetic details)

John,
Haven't researched the years and models for the black trim on the taillight
other than what I have.  When I had to replace one of my taillights, I went
with a unit from a '78.  I have noticed the same issue about the chrome vs.
black vs. none.  My '78 is the Champagne Edition II and it's black.  My front
turnsignals also have a "black" stripe between the lense and the finish edge,
but it's actually in or behind the front surface not on top.  In regards to
the trim tape on the bumper, mine came with the silver tape.  I've seen later
"S" models with thin red tape.  If you have black, you have no tape, it's
just the smooth bumper plastic your looking at.
Look at my webpage and you'll see the details I am speaking of.  If you need
more detail or pictures, LMK.
HTH.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

In a message dated 9/22/02 9:41:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,