Q for you MkI experts (cosmetic details)

--=======2C9222DA=======

I've noticed on MkI tail lights there seem to be three trim types.
First is no trim above the lights, second is the chrome stip and
third is the black stripe. I realize the black stripe is probably for
'S' models, but what about the other two?  Where they applied
to certain years or certain trim/option levels?
BTW the '78 has  a front turn signal with black trim around it-
I've never seen that before.
Second question is bumper trim, or I guess I should say that
pebble grained tape running across it.  I've seen red('S'), silver
and black.  What determined whether a car go black or silver?
I've got silver on the front and black on the rear, so one of them
was replaced.
I'm going to for restoration/preservation on the '78 so I am trying to
be accurate.

Thanks

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'92 Polaris Indy Deluxe