Could my cam timing still be off?

I just checked compression today (16v) - about 160 psi across all 4 which seems pretty good to me.  Is it still possible that my intercam timing may be off?  Reason I ask is because I thought that if the cam timing is off, the compression would be down from valves being a tiny bit open on the compression stroke.
Other symptoms include low power, although it doesn't seem lumpy at idle like everyone says it is when there inter-cam timing is off.
Also, compression would keep building when I cranked the motor - I stopped when it got to 210 psi (got scared), but 160 was what I recorded with the recommended 4-5 turn-overs as per Bentley.  Is this normal?

I'll fix my car, even if I have to replace every part in it... and since the problem will be the last part I replace, I'll have a brand new car when I'm done!