Mounting Knock sensor box

Kervin wrote:

> Just spend a few hours at the pick-n-pull this afternoon.  I saw Jon
> Palm there.  I got the wiring harness off of a car with a knock sensor.<snip>
> Anyway, I got the entire thing and a
> throttle body with the two switches - $25 total.  I got everything
> apart, but I was wondering where others mounted the sensor box?
<snip>
> --
> Kervin

I _think_ the A2 starter will fit the 85 Roc no problem.

I am mounting my K/S brain in the rain tray on the passenger side, using
the bracket it comes with to keep it up out of the water and will fab a
shield to flop over the top of it, fastened on one edge underneath and
made from plastic sheet.

Will need to mark and drill some mounting holes and paint said holes
prior to mounting the bracket with rust proofing sealant.

As there is some loom grafting to do and the OEM tubing the loom rides
in is sometimes split I have been fooling around with large diameter
shrink tubing (which gets brittle over time) and 3" wide rubber pipe
wrap for pvc pipe. It seems pretty durable and heat worthy so far.

hth,
TBerk