Mounting Knock sensor box

Just spend a few hours at the pick-n-pull this afternoon.  I saw Jon
Palm there.  I got the wiring harness off of a car with a knock sensor.
Man, what a pain when the sun is beating on you and the two foot high
weeds are all around and mosquitoes are biting and visions of West Nile
are in the back of my head.  Anyway, I got the entire thing and a
throttle body with the two switches - $25 total.  I got everything
apart, but I was wondering where others mounted the sensor box?  Soon I
hope to have everything running soon with no overheating.
On a side note, will the starter from a 88 Jetta work on a 85 8v
Scirocco?  Jon, if it does, there is a red Jetta next to the white
Scirocco that I loosened the started for you.  Just find a jack to
support the engine and the twelve point bolts are ready to come out for
you.
--
Kervin
80 1.7 8v Ole Paul sold to the great north