What's this bracket for?

that the fan is coming on at all (high or low) indicates
you have a relay and its (at the very least partially)
functional, find it. and check the connections, they
might be one loose wire, or the relay needs replacing.

I found mine sitting behind the headlight, until I
returned it to the bracket
--
====
ATS - Patrick Bureau