euro light problems(electrical)

1 & 2:  From the tech procedure on the Scirocco.org site:

Wiring the H4. Don't be fooled! Just because the H4 bulb uses the same
connector as the US bulb, doesn't mean the wires hook up to the same place.
Holding the connector facing you, so that the wires are leading away from
you, the wires should be hooked up as follows:

The TOP wire is for the LOW BEAM. The LEFT wire is for the HIGH BEAM. The
right wire is for the GROUND. If you have the left and right wires
reversed, it's not a big deal; you'll know because when you turn on the low
beams, the high beams will glow dimly.

3 - NO.

4.  The inner lights are driving lamps with either H1s or H3s.  They should
come on when you hit the brights on the H4s.

John

At 07:37 PM 9/10/2002 -0700, Robbie Cotner wrote:

>Hey all, I just put a pair of euro lights in my '83 8v.  I made the
>installation procedure as short as possible:  out with the old, and in
>with the new.  I hooked the attachement for the US high beam lamp up to
>the H4(the big one).  I plan on relaying in the future, but not for quite
>awhile.  Here are my problems:  1-  The interior high beam indicator is
>always on, but when I turn the brights on and off they do get dimmer and
>brighter, apparently normal apart from the fact the indicator is always
>on.  2-  The hight beams seem fairly bright(haven't actually driven the
>car yet in the dark), and the low beams appear as though someone put a
>candle in each light(in other words VERY dim, they make light, but
>dim).  3-  has anyone been able to use US adjusters to replace the euro
>adjusters?  two of mine on the drivers side are broken.  4-  Okay this is
>dumb, but what are the middle lights for, I believe the H1's?  I know the
>H4's are high/low, and they also have a driving light in them.  How do I
>take advantage(make use of) the H1's?  Thanks in advance for any help-
>
>Rob
>

>Yahoo! - We Remember
>9-11: <http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute>A tribute to the more than
>3,000 lives lost