stupid Euro lights questions

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 04:57:01PM -0200, Marko Latrell wrote:
> Whats all this about Adjustors? They are the same type of thing as on
> the American ones? Just help you aim the lights and you screw it down
> corectly and forget about it?

Yup.  E-code lights are aimed by measuring some marks on a wall... measure
the height of the center of your headlights, make a mark on the wall 2
inches lower than that, back the car up so that it is 25 feet from the
wall.  Adjust the lights so that the cutoff is right at the mark you made.

> What about the bulbs? I can replace the bulbs on these? H4 sticks in my
> mind but who sells them localy?

Yep, NAPA sells H4 and H1 bulbs in both stock wattage (55/60) and overwatt
(100/130)  If you use the overwatt, you MUST install a relay
system.  Also, don't forget that the H4 bulbs and the standard american
sealed beam use the same connector, but the order of the pins is
different.

Dan

--
I think every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass.

                -- Senator Barry Goldwater, commenting on Jerry
                 Falwell's suggestion that all good Christians
                 should be against Sandra Day O'Connor's nomination
                 to the Supreme Court