Barely on Topic Caddy-MK1 shared parts

I am going to look at an '81 Deisel caddy/PU today.  I think I can get him
down a bit from the 475 he is asking.  Known trouble T-stat/overheating
problem and battery.  We'll see what else when i get there.
I have left over MK1 parts from my '79 Scirocco since the 16v conversion,
so....I know the A1 chassis is the same here but will hte OEM original
springs from the 'roc with almost brand new inserts in them be a bit firmer
thatn what would be in the caddy?
Also should the extra 16v seats i have fint in there as well.  I owned an
identical car in the past and it is small enought in there to make a mouse
hunched back.  So maybe not.
The big square headlights are seald beams I think.  Is there a upgrade there
for replaceable bulbs Hx for example.
Sorry for the off topic but I'm hoping there are a couple out there that are
"switch-hitting" with caddys.  Off list replys are probly better
Thanks

Ken
'79 Scirocco 16v project "McFly"
"...it's working...It's Working...!!"