starter bushing tool?

---------- "Jason Arms" <redbug64@hotmail.com> writes:

From: "Jason Arms" <redbug64@hotmail.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: starter bushing tool?
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:46:46 -0400

Ok, After installing a different tranny into my 16v mk2 rocco, i have found
that the small brass bushing that is in the tranny housing that the starter
shaft rides in is warn.  I have a new one, but do not have the vw tool to
get the old one out.  Anyone know where to get this tool?  Any other ways to
get the old one out?  How would i install the new one?  Im getting ready to
sell this stupid car if it keeps giving me problems, this is nuts!!!  Sell
the 16v, 1.8 turbo the mk1? ;)  hehehehehe.

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'81 Scirocco S
'78 Rabbit L (body work in progress, soon to be 16v)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin' a new life)
'93 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 (winter beater)
http://community.webshots.com/user/xscirocco16vx
--------------
ICQ# 91932895
AIM Username: xscirocco16vx
My web page (work in progress! and hasnt been updated for a long time)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~xscirocco16vx/index.htm

I use a 10mm triple square, I drive it in with a hammer, the 12 points dig into the brass, allowing me to carefully rotate the old bushing back and forth, until it comes out.

Another way is to use a bottom tap and put some threads on the inside of the bushing, and then thread a bolt into it, and the sleeve will come out as the bolt bottoms out.

Peter@thescirocco.com is my new e-mail address.[mailto:peter@thescirocco.com]

The Juno account is only for the list, and SPAM.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.